What does WD Unlocker do?
The WD Unlocker VCD provides the WD Drive Unlock utility that you can use to unlock the drive. Or, you can use either the WD Security or the WD Drive Utilities software to unlock the drive.
How do you remove WD drive unlock?
Replies (6) ?
- Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management from the context menu.
- Right click on the drive to format, select Format from the context menu, click on OK and wait for the drive to be formatted.
- After the formatting is complete, right click on the drive and select Delete.
How do I unlock my WD Passport?
- go to the wd smartware and go to the security and place a password on your my book.
- safely remove it from the computer, and unplug it from your computer.
- plug it back into the computer and place in the password you just made.
- go back into the security and place the password in again and ask it to take of the password.
What is WD Security for Windows?
Description. This installer – WD Drive Utilities and WD Security, are contained within the WD Drive Utilities and the WD Security zip files and installs custom Western Digital software for WD USB and FireWire enabled external hard drives under Macintosh computers.
How do I unlock my WD Passport without deleting everything?
Keeping all the previous data unchanged, You can’t unlock it without bitlocker password. If you want to unlock it, you need to format it from Boot menu at the time of startup. Through this process, You will loose all the previous data.
How do I bypass a password on an external hard drive?
Only the recovery key that can help you to unlock the hard drive when you forgot the password , no matter which way you use. You can right-click the hard drive and then get the Unlock option. Or use the command prompt: manage-bde –unlock E: -RecoveryPassword XXXXX-YOUR-RECOVERY-KEY-XXXXXX-XXXXXX to unlock the drive.
How do I uninstall WD utility?
- Open up the Finder, click Applications on the left side, and then select WD Drive Utilities 2.0. 0.18.
- Drag WD Drive Utilities 2.0. 0.18 to the Trash (or right click on it and then select Move to Trash option).
How do I uninstall WD Smartware?
STEP 2: Download and run the VCD Manager
- Download VCD Manager for Windows. …
- Unzip the utility (Extract the file using an extraction utility.)
- Double click WDSmartWareVirtualCDManagerforWindows-v1. …
- Click Continue to disable the VCD.
- Once the utility has found your drive, click Configure Drive and then click Exit.
How do I unlock my WD Passport for Mac?
1. If you do not see the Unlock Drive dialog, click either: Go > Applications > WD Security ? Go > Applications > WD Drive Utilities 2. If you have more than one supported device connected to your computer, select the one that is locked to display the Unlock Drive dialog.
How do I unlock my WD external hard drive if I forgot my password?
There’s no way to get into the drive without the password. You can format it, but you can’t get into it and recover your data. According to the WD support forum, there is no way to reset a forgotten password to access stored files.
How do I password protect my WD hard drive?
0:232:21How to set-up Western Digital passport password encryptionYouTube
How do I remove password from WD hard drive?
- Plug your external hard hard drive to your computer and unlock it with the password.
- Run the WD Security application.
- Select the “Remove password” and type in your password and then click on the button that says “Update Security Settings” as shown in the picture below:
How do I format a WD external hard drive that is locked?
Right-click the partition on the hard drive you want to erase and select “Format” from the context menu. Follow the prompts and make sure the “Perform a quick format” option is deselected. It will take several minutes to erase and reformat the drive. After formatting, the drive can be used normally.
How do you unlock a locked hard drive?
How to Unlock a Hard Drive
- Step 1: Run a disk check. Install the boot disk or USB drive, and power the computer on. …
- Step 2: Run a system file check. Boot the computer from the disk or USB as you did in step one. …
- Step 3: Complete a startup repair. …
- Step 4: Try a system restore. …
- Step 5: Refresh your PC.
Oct 1, 2018
How do I uninstall and remove WD Discovery from Windows and Mac?
To make sure WD Discovery is completely gone.
- Open a Finder Window and Navigate To Your Applications folder. …
- Scroll Down. …
- Click Uninstall WD Discovery. …
- Enter Your Mac’s Administration Password. …
- Then Delete The Discovery Folders And Library Files. …
- Open a Finder Windows. …
- Find WD Discovery in Your Applications Folder.
Why is WD Discovery on my Mac?
You could use WD Discovery on a Mac to check for and install firmware updates for your external drive. Or you can check for firmware updates directly in Western Digital’s support area. You could use WD Discovery to check on your external drive’s SMART attributes.
What is WD SmartWare and do I need it?
If you own a Western Digital hard drive, you may be familiar with the WD SmartWare software application. On a fundamental level, WD SmartWare acts as a data backup tool, allowing you to make copies of valuable information and restore access to it as needed.
What is WD SmartWare used for?
WD unveiled their new SmartWare Pro software that enables users to easily back up files to any USB external hard drive or the cloud using their personal Dropbox. The software also provides users with the ability to restore or retrieve backed-up data.