Will started off by proudly telling me they’d seen 22 alligators there on Monday, well, on that Thursday we saw 27 – five in a row all sunning themselves like they were ballin’ on Miami Beach at one point. The Charpentier area came to be in the late 1800s and the Victorian architecture was borne from the carpenters at the time who built their own houses. Now, understandably, it’s one of the most sought after places to live in Lake Charles. I went on a historical tour round the houses with local historian Adley Cormier. The Charpentier Historic District is the plush part of town with wrap-around porches, fans on the porches even though no one’s sitting there and grand facades with witches hat turrets. For me Lake Charles will always be the place where I learned to peel a crawfish.
- Gambling in Lake Charles is concentrated in the casinos where you can play various slots and table games.
- One of the best things to do in Lake Charles, once you’ve had your fun, is to take a road trip to New Orleans.
- For a relaxing round of golf, play 18 holes in the beautiful backdrop of Graywood Golf Course or visit The Children’s Museum Lake Charles, all just 10 minutes away.
- The hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet access in all its spacious guest rooms.
- In the last year, a 2 star hotel near L’ Auberge Casino can be as cheap as $68.36 per night.
The Isle of Capri Lake Charles, which had its floating casino barge damaged by Hurricane Laura nearly a year ago, is set to reopen in fall 2022 on land as Horseshoe Casino Lake Charles. Casino hotel perched on Lake Charles shore with an onsite casino, nightlife, shopping, private marina, and a lakefront beach…. Sign up to the weekly travel newsletter for the latest posts, city guides, and the useful travel tips and secrets.
Lucky Star Casino
If under 21, I understand I am applying for the mycash MasterCard and will not receive any comps, tier points, or other benefits from this card.
They’re located only 15 miles from Chennault International Airport and a 2 and half hour drive from George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston. As Hurricane Laura hit Louisiana overnight, the winds appeared to push a riverboat casino in to the pillars supporting the Interstate 10 bridge. One of the best things to do in Lake Charles, once you’ve had your fun, is to take a road trip to New Orleans. The journey from Lake Charles to New Orleans is only 3 hours 7 minutes through Lafayette and Baton Rouge. It’s about an hour’s drive to the south coast of the US, and is 2 hours from the state capital Baton Rouge. It’s about 3 hours from Louisiana’s most famous city, New Orleans.