The cinema was in operation from 1927 to 1978 and had 600 seats in 1929, 500 in 1966 and only 320 in 1977. After a period of vacancy, a steak house first opened in the rooms in 2008 and then an Italian restaurant in the same year, which currently also uses the hall with stage for events. To replace the many cinemas destroyed in the war, makeshift cinemas such as the Pax in the auditorium of the Hildegard Wegscheider grammar school are being built in the surrounding districts . Melodie Lichtspiele am Roseneck in Schmargendorf was the only new building to be built in 1956. The only surviving cinemas are the Bundesplatz-Studio on Bundesplatz and Eva Lichtspiele on Blissestraße. The graffiti in Pariser Strasse was the last off-screen cinema to close in 1996.
The Berlin address books are named after the year of issue, since the editorial deadline for the supplements is given around the turn of the year up to January, their annual information relates to the year preceding the issue. In the above text or in the comments, the numbers (#) in the digital.zlb.de directory may be given after the year in the Berlin address book. The entry “construction site” in the address book does not indicate the current construction site, but rather existing construction land. In some years only the residents, but not rented companies, are included in the street section. Companies registered by commercial courts are marked in Latin / bold letters in the residents’ area. The buildings on Spichernstrasse, including No. 3, were badly damaged by the air raids. After the ruins had been cleared at the end of the 1950s, the northwest side of Spichernstrasse was rebuilt at the beginning of the 1970s.
Cinema list from Wilmersdorf
When the plots were fixed, the district boundary was 40 meters west of the streets. This corridor line was on property 165, the Wilmersdorfer property Berliner Straße 166, built in 1912, stepped onto Schöneberger corridor and delimited the width of Grunewaldstraße 52 / corner of Kufsteiner Straße. In 1934 the demand came to lead district borders along the building block delimitation, the street was used and implemented in the district reform of 1938.
- The small, 180-seat cinema hall of the “Be-Ba” was expanded to 300 seats by Polke in 1927 and, in this state and size, was taken over by Fritz Staar as owner.
- In the Wilmersdorfer Strasse section of the Berlin address book in 1912, Umlauf was still mentioned as a tenant.
- The 23 cinemas in the Wilmersdorf district are summarized in the list of cinemas in Berlin-Wilmersdorf .
Finally, in 1927, the Universe in the WOGA complex on Kurfürstendamm by Erich Mendelsohn , which completes the series of Kurfürstendamm cinemas. At the top of Kurfürstendamm, inHalensee, the Rote Mühle and the Rivoli tie in with the tradition of the excursion restaurants and the nearby Luna Park . In the 1910s the demand for Kintöppen boomed and a demonstration device in a guest room was often sufficient.
Westend cinema list
In the cinema address books from 1920 onwards, the later owners indicated the year 1910 as the beginning of cinema performances at Uhlandstraße 48, and film screenings have probably already been held. In May 1912, the owner of the house at Uhlandstrasse 48 at the corner of Pariser Strasse Hugo Seligsohn the establishment of a cinematograph theater on the ground floor. Four shops along Pariser Straße provided the floor plan for the auditorium, which was given an entrance on the corner of Uhlandstraße. On August 9, 1913, the “Corso Lichtspiele” announced their opening. In 1917 a cinema theater was specified for Uhlandstrasse 48, at this point in time the businessman Hugo Seligsohn was still the owner of the house, but he was no longer marked as “legally registered”. In the cinema address book for 1920, the K orso light games with daily screenings and 227 seats for the owner Richard Filsch from Friedenau are given, and in 1921 Richard Kahnemann is the owner of the C orso light games.
Many corner houses in Berlin from the years around 1900 have a sloping street corner with the entrance door on the house area formed in this way . The information in the Berlin address book suggests that the photo stage at Augustastraße 1 existed. In accordance with the district reform from 2001, regardless of historical locations and assignments. According to research by allekinos.com , the inventory period is given as 1910–1924.
Cinemas in the old district of Charlottenburg
In addition to the sound film technology, there was an Erko projection and a Hahn-Goertz projection apparatus, the slide playback was done with sound. An addition to CinemaScope was probably not profitable with 168 seats. The widescreen conversion was also omitted when the Kiezkino was continued by Heinz Viehweg in 1959, the owner was the “Filmtheaterbetriebe Heinz Viehweg KG”. Falling audience numbers during the cinema crisis led to the discontinuation of LK Lichtspiele in 1962, and only 163 seats were probably not available.Imperial cabaret by Volker Ludwig. The former cinema rooms could easily be incorporated into the business line on Uhlandstrasse. On the ground floor of the house there is a restaurant as well as a shop and a gallery in the corner rooms.